Our mission at AROCSA is to promote and advance a community of excellence in research and practice on civil society in the service of African development.
We envision an Africa where knowledge generation and dissemination on civil society by scholars and practitioners reflect global excellence standards and propels development.
The work of AROCSA is to be guided by these core values:
- We value and practice accountability, transparency and professionalism
- We value and work with courage of conviction
- We strive for the highest ethics, being intellectually and materially honest
- We are non-partisan and non-sectarian in our positions and actions
- EXCELLENCE IN SCHOLARSHIP & PRACTICE
- We promote rigorous, high-quality research and practice
- We aspire to be globally competitive
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
- We acknowledge, embrace and accommodate diversity
- We are intentional in including people and ideas from multiple demographic backgrounds
- We maintain and sustain democratic principles
- We are pan-generational, gender-sensitive, multilingual, community-focused, pan-African, and tolerant towards multiple viewpoints